- The position is for a SW Engineer, who is expected to be responsible for Media Player software development.
- Responsible for implementing presentation layer of the Media Player component in the project
- The engineer is expected to contribute to the implementation stage of the development and finally delivering unit-tested code.
- The engineer is expected to have good working knowledge of Relational Databases
- Contribute during the full lifecycle of the project
- Analyze requirements; ensure clarity of given requirements before work on realization
- Develop MediaPlayer modules for different projects based on the multimedia framework in use
- Write efficient queries and optimize the DB for performance and functionality
- Debug reported issues and provide clean solutions
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science/Electronics (or equivalent).
- Minimum 3 years hands on experience in development for embedded platforms (experience in the automotive domain is preferred)
- Prior experience with Media Player application development is preferred (GStreamer or QNX Media framework or Cinemo)
- Experience in programming C/C++ applications.
- Experience in working with relational databases (SQLite knowledge would be an advantage)
- Awareness of OS concepts with proficiency in multi-threaded software design and development (Experience with QNX/Linux would be an advantage)
- Experience in understanding customer requirements, design, and coding for complex embedded system projects
- Knowledge of Hardware, software embedded system concepts and architecture.
- Able to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly.
- Strong team player and ability to handle multiple projects.
- Self-motivated and results-driven individual with passion for work.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Respect for colleagues; working in teams with clarity and accountability.
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
- Experience with Boost/POCO C++ libraries
- Development experience on QNX/Linux systems and the multimedia framework
- Development experience with QDB/SQLite databases
- Capable of handling multiples projects / initiatives simultaneously and executing to completion
- Accepting responsibility for personal development and actions.
- Have clear objectives and strives to exceed them
- Takes ownership for personal career and skill development