Role and Responsibility
- Looking for a Data Scientist that will help us discover the information & patterns hidden in vast amounts of data being captured from various sensors (Accelerometer, Gyroscope, GPS coordinates, OBD parameters etc.) and help in making better algorithms.
- Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality algorithms. While given Job expects Data scientist domain, but expertise & skills on Automobile domain would be advantage.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems using Data mining techniques
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Past experience of working with automotive parameters obtained from OBD parameters and/or working with sensors like accelerometer, Gyroscope etc for driver behavior analysis is essential.
- Great communication skills
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Data-oriented personality