• Be a key driver behind the development for Android/iOS of several Navigation-Engine components and corresponding C++ software technology stack that powers the legendary Harman infotainment products found behind some of the most luxurious automotive brand names and is currently installed in millions of vehicles.
• Be responsible for the design, algorithms, architecture decisions and their implementation in context of Navigation-Engine for Android/iOS inside our premium Navigation SW (e.g., routing, guidance, MapViewer, GuidanceViewer, free text search, fuzzy text search).
• Writing C++ code and be aware about code modularity, code performance, OOP and component driven code; self-explanatory code style; documentation.
• Writing most challenging pieces of SW, creating descriptions and code samples to explain necessary software behavior to other engineers.
• As part of a matrix organization work with engineers, designers, testers and managers as needed to help integrate and productize your solution.
- Analysis of the architecture of an existing C++ solution.
- Propose new ideas, approaches and implement them with focus on Android / iOS.
- Elaboration and implementation measures for optimization and refactoring of existing code.
- Elaboration and implementation of component design, concepts, algorithms, and architecture for new features in area Navigation- Engine (e.g., route calculation, MapViewer).
- Performance analysis / profiling of Navigation- Engine under Android / iOS.
- Technical coordination with developers of navigation controllers, navigation engine, and database compiler.
- Task definition and planning of tasks for a small team of C++ developers, review of implementation progress, review of change lists, coordination of work packages with other domains.
- Degree in computer science or a similar qualification.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in software development for Android or iOS.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in software development in C++.
- At least 2 years of professional experience within navigation domain or within GIS tools or libraries for geo-data processing.
- At least 2 years of professional experience with navigation databases (e.g., NDS, GRF/RDF).
- Knowledge of current software development technologies, such as component-oriented and OO software development, UML, Design Patterns, XML etc.
- Experience with build tools is beneficial.
- Knowledge of NDS, GDF, RDF, OSM, MultiNet or other map data formats is beneficial.
- Experience with Perforce or similar SW management tools are beneficial.
- Passion for beautiful software.
- Self confidence, high team spirit and communication skills.
- Must have worked as part of medium or large size team.
- English fluently written and spoken.