A leading international marketer and distributor of agricultural products and specialty chemicals, with more than $3 billion in sales, planned to build its own IP in the precision agriculture space to deliver smart agriculture. The company found a solution in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Plan Around the Business Case. Approach a cloud migration to Amazon Web Services Cloud with a customer centric process and an emphasis on outcomes. The effort starts with an emphasis on a comprehensive cloud Strategy and Business Case with a full assessment of applications, infrastructure, processes, and architecture.
- Ensure Business Continuity for Seamless Migration. The last thing customers expect is hindrances in the day-to-day business as a result of a cloud migration. A cloud migration project often involves analyzing the current deployment architecture and performing a seamless migration. Providing managed services during the process and post migration DevOps (Setup Continuous Improvement) including monitoring and support the WFM cloud deployments.
- Manage the Peaks. One of the primary drivers for cloud migration remains being able to manage the ebbs and flows of infrastructure demand. Leveraging its CloudCare™ offerings, in conjunction with tools such as Cloud Formation, AWS APIs, Chef, Jenkins, and Fabric HARMAN has delivered time and again to DevOps and Managed Services for hundreds of machines at a time. Online platform successfully scaled to meet demand at peak usage hours with high scalability.
- Deliver Productivity Advantages. Whatever the driver, the specialized team responsible for the migration should identify productivity advantages from the outset such as Leveraging SaaS platforms like Office, SharePoint, and customer relationship management for business productivity and business process automation. The team should be able to support consolidation, migration, rewrite of existing applications, and new applications development and deployment on cloud. The teams should ensure continuous Delivery of applications and infrastructure made faster with optimization for cloud resident application and infrastructure.
- IT Spend Reduction. At end of the day, specialized teams who are responsible for cloud migration should demonstrate reduction in IT expenditure. It is not uncommon to see IT organizations being able to reduce their IT operations spending by up to 50% with cost savings in millions of dollars per year.