Role and Responsibility
- The Candidate has a critical role to play in the Ignite product development being responsible for one or more core platform features that are built into the Android product.
- The candidate is primarily responsible for the low level implementation of either core Android platform features or integrating automotive services that are developed as part of a product release. The candidate shall be responsible for contributing directly to the implementation as well as helping developers in the team that he/she leads.
- The candidate shall be responsible for documenting requirements for a feature being developed in the product.
- The candidate shall be responsible for defining the EtE design and architecture of new features being developed as part of the product
- The candidate shall be responsible for generating relevant technical documentation like architecture documents, high level designs, low level designs for the product
- The candidate shall act as scrum lead for some of the features being developed in the product
- The candidate shall be responsible for defining and enforcing the best development processes e.g. source code management tools, code reviews, static checks critical to ensuring security compliance of the product to specific standards
- The candidate shall be responsible for advising the product qualification team on validation of requirements of the product.
B.E, B.Tech graduate with 7+ years of rich experience in Android based product development
Should possess sound programming knowledge in Core Java for Android product development
Should have sound experience in object oriented design and OOPS concepts.
Good understanding of Android components like Android IPC ( Intent, JNI, AIDL, HIDL, Binder, Messenger & Handler), Activity, Services, Broadcast receivers & Content providers is must to have.
Strong experience in Android framework & architecture is must to have.
Good understanding in Android Internals & Android NDK is nice to have
Should have experience in writing unit test cases using unit testing tools like Mockito, JUNIT, robolectric, espresso
Should have hands on experience in UI development for Android product developments
Experience in Navigation Applications and GPS HAL is a plus
Good understanding of Agile scrum process and product development life cycle.
Should be a self learner and can carry a task to completion with minimal guidance
Good communication and interpersonal skills.