Senior DevOps Software Engineer works with the Lifestyle Divisions Car Audio SBU to plan, implement, and support daily operations the groups Software Build & Integration activities. This role is responsible for developing project operational strategies, and collaborating with the groups Software Engineering teams to maximize effectiveness and efficiency of our software development processes and toolchain.
This role requires a strong understanding of DevOps practices, with a focus on Continuous Integration, Embedded Software Development, and development cycle optimization.
This position does not have any direct or indirect reports.
- Duties include daily communication and collaboration with the engineering team to coordinate DevOps related activities, especially focused on the Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process. This includes planning, implementing, testing, and operating DevOps projects and support activities.
- Collaborating with, and gathering input from management, developers, and supporting functions to implement process enhancements and improvements; acting as a resource for developers, and providing guidance and training on tools and process as needed; evaluating tools to support SCM process, and developing improvement proposals.
- Front line for resolving process and tool issues.
- May organize projects and lead work within a team of 2 to 6 engineers in similar roles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years’ experience using Git to support the workflow of software development projects on Windows and Linux Systems.
- 5+ years of experience in a CI/CD platform with expert level proficiency in multiple related applications, ex: make, Jenkins, Artifactory, Git, Ninja, Gerrit, Bamboo.
- Experience using and leading configuration of SCM (ex: Git, SVN, Perforce) in multiple parallel development streams and release repositories by means of branching, staging, merging and tagging.
- 2+ years’ experience in Static Analysis Tools, Code Coverage Tools, Unit Test Tools, Open Source Compliance Tools and integration with Build systems.
- Experience developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment.
- Expertise in following areas
- Issue Tracking integrated with Git repository (ex: via JIRA)
- Build Artifact management
- Build Automation
- Unit Test Management
- Android build system knowledge, new product bring-up, set-up baselines, integrating third-party deliverables.
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment Jenkins for example o Test tool integration
- 5+ years of embedded software development or testing a big plus.
- Willingness to travel.
- Willingness to work in an office.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen