Role and Responsibility
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
• 7 years software development/ programming experience in enterprise cloud-based data applications.
• 5 years of experience in data modeling, data design and persistence (e.g. warehousing, data marts, data lakes).
• Experience with supporting BIG DATA and Hadoop.
• Exposure to functional, imperative and object-oriented languages and methodologies.
• Experience with Big Data approaches and technologies including: Hadoop, Cloudera utilities, Spark, Kafka, Hive, Oozie.
• Experience with SQL (SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres) and NoSQL (Cosmos/MongoDB/HBase) database is expected.
• Distributed Systems experience (4+ years desired)
• Knowledge of various design patterns and technologies that enable business problem-solving at scale
• Great communication skills to drive collaborate cross-group and work effectively within the team
• Exposure to cloud technology stacks from Microsoft, Amazon, or Google.
• Industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
• 5+ Years of experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
• Experience developing and testing computer software and/or online services.
• Strong coding, debugging and problem-solving skills
• Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming language paradigms
• Great communication skills to collaborate cross-group and work effectively within the team